This Year the Hervey Bay Boat Club Bay to Bay was organised by perhaps the smallest committee Committee ever!
- Colin Verrall - Principle Race Officer
- Sandra - Documentation, Entry Secretary, handicapper
- Jamie Berndt - Sponsorship, Advertising and Social Media,
- Trevor Brown who put together the Souvenir Program
- Peter York as multi-role B2B secretary, club liaison, Web/social media co-ordination.
Also acknowledge the governance services provided by the Hervey Bay Sailing Club Secretary Stepan Rott - Approvals, correspondence, Treasurer Irene Francis - financials, account reconciliation of entries and bus co-ordinator.
Also other HBSC member contribution from Jan York - Shirts at Tin Can Bay, Daryl Petersen - HBSC course boat trailer and radio maintenance, Cheryl Maslen and Di-ann Duffield - Urangan on the finger sign off, and Commodore Steve Portbury - who arranged 7 of our members to man the course boats, Keith and Nancy, Stephan and his boys on the finish line both days, , and special mention to Nancy for catering on Laurie Beecham’s mother ship Summer Bay.
Also acknowledge Francois on his magnificent Media boat with Jules.
Thanks to the Tin Can Bay Yacht club, commodore Peter Shaw for organising the use of the junior club area for registration and allowing us to sell our event shirt and this year raffle tickets.
Thanks to our Naming Right Sponsor
The Hervey Bay Boat Club Great facility, excellent meals, cold beer, entertainment downstair, poker machines, a movie theatre, marina services and this venue for the presentation. Also provided 6 whale watch tours volunteers awards, also ran a meet the fleet cruise with Amaroo.
Thanks to our Major Sponsors
Harken At the Front, the first company in the world to make roller bearing sheeting blocks, they still make best sheeting blocks, winches and roller furlers, and always looking at ways to make things stronger and lighter.
Wet’tech Rigging – Build a mast, strays etc, these guys have the equipment to keep your mast up where it is supposed to be.
- Evolutions Sails, want a new sail made out of the most popular sail material ever made Dimension Polyant, Evolution will do the job. The raffle prize was a $3,000 dollar value towards a new sail.
- Barneys Marine services out club boats and supplied this new Suzuki outboard with 2 year warranty
- Kingfisher Bay Resort - The beachclub on the pier at the resort is one of on a few places on the east cost of australia where you can have a drink and watch the sun set over water, just magic
- The Gas Cylinder Hervey Bay - The club has had a long association with the Gas cylinder, supplies our gas, instantaneous hot water system
- Jule's Magic - long term supporter her skills with photography seem to make her photos almost seem alive, the canvas prints are legendary.
Other Business Sponsors
- Action Joinery - Sticker thanks Daryl Dorsett
- Big Ideas - all our web design and online registration software, nothing seemed to be impossible.
- Entica Design - Peter Lynch – another great shirt design
- Zip Print – water proof maps
From the Tin Can Bay end
Lastly Club Marine for the supply the bags to hold all the goodies entrants received at the registration desk.
Hello from Julie Geldard from.....
A huge thanks for trimming your sails and doing some great poses for Francois and I on the MEDIA boat for the race.
Here is the link to the 42nd Bay to Bay images taken during the week end: Bay to Bay at JulesMagic.com
All digital images of your boat for ONLY $88.00* (Email [email protected] to Order) High Res digital images - $25 - Instant Download online: JulesMagic.com
Our NEW Special Offer is a Digital Montage of your 5 best images, with titles, prizes and crew:
Price: $200 - Digital Only size 50cm x 70cm (Also Included 5 digital images) OR
Professionally Printed 50cm x 70cm (Ideal Frame size) - 1 for $250 or 3 for $360 ($15 delivery)
Order by email to [email protected] with your chosen 5 details & any added titles, prices or Crew